- Abortion Cases
- Abortion Laws
- Abortion Practices
- Contraception Practices
- Culture of Life
- Ethics of Abortion
- Family Planning
- History of Abortion
- Kinds of Abortion
- Philosophy of Abortion
- Scholarly Reviews
- Sex an Sexuality
- Terms and Definitions
- When does Life Begin?
- Women's Issues
- Follow Abortion History Museum on WordPress.com
- 30 or So Arguments Against Abortion
- What does the Bible have to Say About Abortion?
- Citizenship and Fetal Personhood: Weighing the Implications of Heartbeat Bills.
- Is Abortion Safer than Childbirth? Part 3 of 3
- Is Abortion Safe for the Mother? Part 2 of 3.
- Is Abortion Safe? Part 1 of 3.
- Abortion vs. Sacrificial Living
- Fact-checking the Fact-Checkers for Abby Johnson’s “Unplanned”: Reviewer’s Fault-Finding Mission Falls Flat
- Crisis of Conscience: 11 Reasons Why Senate Democrats Didn’t Vote to Protect Newborns
Tag Archives: human
What is it that’s being aborted?
Introduction Is it a fetus? Is it a baby? Is it a person, a child, or perhaps a human being? In the ethics debates over abortion, the status of the aborted individual is no small matter. If that entity is a rights-bearing … Continue reading
Posted in Terms and Definitions, Uncategorized, When does Life Begin? Tagged Abortion, child-in-utero, fetus, human, living, organism, product of conception 2 Comments
Conspicuous Absence of Humanity
Much of the abortion debate rages over sophisticated biological terms like gamete, sperm, egg, haploid, diploid, embryo, fetus, zygote, conceptus and so on. One should be careful however not to let the terms slip from distinctly human debates–to other animals. … Continue reading
Posted in Ethics of Abortion, Philosophy of Abortion, Terms and Definitions, When does Life Begin? Tagged egg, gamete, human, human being, life, organism, sperm 1 Comment
What Is an Abortion? (John D. Ferrer, 6 May 2013)
Abortion is a fact of life, happening naturally across the whole animal kingdom–humans included. Among people these natural abortions are called miscarriages. But that is not the sense debated much in America. The issue at hand is non-natural abortion, also … Continue reading
Posted in Ethics of Abortion, Terms and Definitions Tagged Abortion, conceptus, definition, embryo, fetus, human, human being, pro-choice, pro-life, zygote Leave a comment